• Assistant Professor of Philosophy
• Departamento de Filosofía
• Universidad de Chile
• Ph.D. Phil., University of Melbourne, Australia, 2015, Dissertation: “Minimalist Approaches to the Metaphysics of Science”
• M.Phil., Universidad de Chile, 2008, Dissertation: “Peirce’s Metaphysics of Abduction” (in Spanish)
• B.Phil., Universidad de Chile, 2005. Dissertation: “Imagination in Kant’s Transcendental Deduction A and B” (in Spanish)
• Centre for the Philosophy of Natural and Social Sciences, London School of Economics, England, 23 April 2018 – 08 June 2018. Research on the intertwining of models and laws in science.
• Department of Philosophy, University of Miami, USA, 01 September 2017 – 20 October 2017. Research on the role of mathematics in the articulation of laws in science.
Academic Areas of interest
• Philosophy of science. My recent research and publications focus on scientific realism, selective realism, structural realism, structural empiricism, metaphysics of science, laws of nature, philosophy of mathematics (particularly, metaphysical issues, indispensability arguments, and fictionalism), and scientific models.
• Areas of competence. Peirce, classical pragmatism, early-modern philosophy (with emphasis on Bacon, Locke, Hume and Kant)
Work address and contact details
Address: Av. Capitán Ignacio Carrera Pinto 1025, Ñuñoa, Región Metropolitana, Santiago de Chile
Oficina 8, Departamento de Filosofía, Facultad de Filosofía y Humanidades, Universidad de Chile
Phone Number: +562 2978 7058